It's easy to schedule a Meet video meeting in Google Calendar—just create an event and add your guests to it. A video meeting link and dial-in number (if you are a G Suite user) is added to a Calendar event either by inviting one or more guests to the event or by clicking Add conferencing.
Guests can forward the meeting link to other people. If someone tries to join who was not invited to the Calendar event, a meeting participant from your organization must accept their request. For meetings organized by a personal Google Account, only the meeting creator can admit these participants.
Meet has limited support in Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, and Microsoft Edge provides a better Meet experience. If you want to use Internet Explorer for Meet, you need to download and install the latest version of the Google Video Support plugin.
If your browser doesn't support Meet video meetings, you can dial in using the phone number and PIN, if provided by the meeting organizer.
Allow Meet to use your camera and microphone
Before you start using Meet, you need to allow access to your computer's camera and microphone.
- In a web browser, go to the Meet homepage.
- Click Start a new meeting.
- At the top right, click Camera blocked .
- Click Always allow https://meet.google.com to access your camera and microphone.
- Click Done. The video meeting automatically connects. If you don't see the meeting reload, exit, and re-enter the meeting.